- Q. How often should I have a Termite Inspection at my house?
- A. We strongly recommend that you should have a termite inspection carried out at least every 12 months and more regular inspections between 3 and 6 months for high risk areas, as recommended under, The Australian standard AS3660.2 for Termite inspections
- Q. What happens if I find termites (White Ants)?
- A. We ask you not to disturb them or spray with insecticide and give Gremlin Pest and Weed Control a call. Disturbing them will force them to head back under ground. Then they may appear in another location.
- Q. What happens if a rat/mouse has died in my roof what do I do?
- A. Give us a call. While we have very low success rate in finding the pests within roof spaces, as there is a large amount of air conditioning ducts, insulation, wall cavities and other cozy places for rodents to hide makes it almost impossible to find the carcass, we can place a deodorizer bag in the roof space (at a small fee). This will absorb the smell until the body decomposes. It takes around 7-10 days.
- Q. What do I need to do to prepare for my treatment?
- A. Depending on the treatment.
If you are having a pest spray outside we ask you ensure all windows and doors are closed, washing off the clothesline. Pet’s toys, food and water bowls brought put away, children’s toys, pacifiers and bottles and any shoes are placed inside. If you are having fumigation inside just to cover any exposed food. If you are having a termite barrier treatment or annual termite treatment and you have excessive amounts of plants or items stored along the walls of the home it is requested that they be moved 1 metre from the wall so that the operators can gain access for drilling and injecting.
- Q. When should I book my Pre Purchase Inspection (White Ant Inspection) in?
- A. As soon as know when settlement is arranged. In accordance with Australian Standards 4349.3 a pre-purchase inspection must be carried out with 30days prior to settlement.
- Q. Is the treatment safe for children and animals?
- A. All Gremlin Pest and Weed Control technicians are highly skilled and trained to use only the safest and most effective techniques for pest eradication, all of our chemicals are environmentally friendly and safe to both humans and pets.
The products we apply are registered to be used in the home, hospitals, schools and public places. All Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is available on request.
- Q. How long will my treatment last?
- A. Normally 12months but this can depend on a number of factors, the severity of the problem, environmental conditions surrounding the home (e.g. Bushland, Lakes, Gardens etc.) & treatment selection. Most of our clients prefer to stick to regular 12 monthly treatments so that the problem does not re-occur at all, you may like to wait until the problem re-occurs and have a treatment when you find necessary.
- Q. Do Gremlin Pest and Weed Control carry out services for commercial property’s?
- A. Yes we do. Currently we manage Pest and Weed Control services to a number of Real Estates, Strata Management companies, building companies, industrial services and commercial kitchens.